Spectrem® Restoration Overlays are dense rubber extrusions used for restoration applications. The patented, innovative design solution provides long-lasting performance and aesthetics. These overlays are typically bonded with Spectrem 1 Silicone Sealant to provide a watertight seal.
Spectrem® Restoration Overlays are custom designed to restore aging and/or compromised glazing systems including skylights, sloped glazing, zipper wall/lockstrip systems, and pressure bar systems.
Benefits of Spectrem® Restoration Overlays include:
- Cost effective alternative to traditional dry glazing repair method involving total removal and replacement of the system components
- Reduced time and labor versus other repair methods
- Less sealant versus other repair methods
- Easy installation and clean-up
- Better long-term performance against air and water leakage compared to traditional dry glazing repair method
- Color fast formula resistant to the effects of UV exposure
- Encapsulated wet seal is protected from exposure to the elements
- High movement capability
- Better overall aesthetic with sealant minimally visible providing straight sight lines on the interior and exterior for a clean appearance
- All joineries, screw heads, and other penetrations are covered
- Wide operational temperature range
- Non-corrosive and corrosion resistant
- Allows for ease of glass infill/other infill replacement for on-going maintenance.
Many profiles are available depending upon existing metal requirements. Custom color matching is also available.
- Low VOCs
- Green Concrete
- Air & Moisture Infiltration
- Thermal Performance
- Indoor Air Quality